§ 23-346. Boarding houses.  

Latest version.
  • Boarding houses may be permitted only in those zoning districts where they are designated as a special exception use (see Table 23-421).

    a. Living quarters for the resident manager shall be provided; such quarters may include a kitchen.

    b. Centralized facilities to provide meals for the occupants may be provided; however, meals shall be provided only for boarders and not for the general public.

    c. A floor plan showing dimensions of all rooms within the boarding house shall be submitted with the application for a special exception use permit for review and recommendation from the building official and fire marshal prior to consideration of any special exception use permit for a boarding house by the planning board. Inspection of the premises by the city will be required.

    d. Signage shall comply with the requirements for multi-family buildings as set forth in section 23-526